Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. develops leaders, promotes brotherhood and academic excellence, while providing service and advocacy for our communities.
The objectives of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. are to stimulate the ambition of its members; to prepare them for the greatest usefulness in the cause of humanity, freedom, and dignity of the individual; to encourage the highest and noblest form of manhood; and to aid downtrodden humanity in its efforts to achieve higher social, economic, and intellectual status.
This is the Vision of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
Espirit de Fraternite:'
An Alpha Phi Alpha man's attitude should not be "How much can I derive from the Fraternity" but “How much can I do for the Fraternity?" In proportion to what he does for his Chapter and for Alpha Phi Alpha will a member receive lasting benefits from the Fraternity to himself in the way of self development by duty well done, and the respect of the Brothers well served.
A member's duties should be:
1. Prompt payment of all financial obligations, the prime requisite for successful fraternal life.
2. The doing of good scholastic work in his chosen vocation, thereby accomplishing the real end of a college course.
3. The reasonable endeavor to participate in general college activities and social service and to excel therein.
4. The proper consideration of all things with appropriate attention to the high moral standard of Alpha Phi Alpha.
- Charles H. Garvin, Fourth General President, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.